Friday, June 22, 2007

La Dolce Vita May Give Me A Toothache


So it begins, our attempts to live the American Dream by moving to Italy, go figure. Three months ago my husband Josh and I decided to pack up our lives and move to the Eternal City, Roma. The past 90 days have been filled mostly with paperwork and purging as we have packed up or given away most of our life here in Philadelphia in exchange for an attempt at the famous "dolce vita" in Rome. As my friend Kelly put it, "one day Josh was interviewing for the job, the next day you were putting a chip in the cat." Josh and the cat (Charlie, complete with a European microchip) left 4 days ago while I remain here for a few more weeks to finish up some work and close out the rest of our business here in Philadelphia. Since I have an abundance of quiet moments, I thought I might share some insights about the whole process.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey u can still stay in your old room here at ohio love Dad